Wilbur Clark's Desert Inn Casino Roulette Chip Las Vegas Table 1 H Mold Beige
- Wilbur Clark's Desert Inn casino roulette chip
- Issued for use in Wilbur Clark's Desert Inn in Las Vegas, NV
- Wilbur Clark's Desert Inn opened in April 1950, with 229 rooms at a cost of $4.5 million to build
- Although Wilbur Clark was the frontman of the casino, the majority owner (75%) was Moe Dalitz of Cleveland, OH
- Moe Dalitz, and investors Morris Kleinman, Sam Tucker and Tom McGinty, were all part of the Mayfield Road Gang, infamous for bootlegging and gambling
- This chip was used for the Desert Inn's roulette table #1
- Obverse and reverse feature the number 1, with the legend "WILBUR CLARK'S DESERT INN", H design around legend
- Made with the H.C. Edwards & Co. "H" mold
- H.C. Edwards & Co. was a major supplier of Nevada chips from the 1940's until 1968
- The "H" mold was purchased in 1984 by Bazaar Supply/Berk trading and was used in European casinos at the time
- The "H" mold was purchased in 2004 by Atlantic Standard Molding and is still in use for home poker sets (not for casinos)
- In 1992, Frank Sinatra was quoted as saying "Wilbur Clark gave me my first job in Las Vegas. That was 1951. For six bucks you got a filet mignon dinner and me."
- Color: Beige
- Weight: 7.9 grams
- Diameter: 39 mm
- Mold: HCE (H.C. Edwards & Co "H")
- Condition: Ungraded; expected to grade as Slightly Used (SU)
We accept check, wire transfer, cash on pickup, and payment processing through PayPal. We offer discounts for customers who can pay by wire, check, or cash. Please contact us for options and offers.
Purchases using PayPal are subject to a nonrefundable 5% restocking fee in the event of a return.
Pay on Pickup
All items in our store are available for viewing and purchase in our Southern California showroom, located at:
Free US Shipping with Insurance Included.
All items are professionally packaged and shipped. All shipments include insurance and signature confirmation for shipments over $100. We offer expedited shipping via USPS and FedEx for an additional fee.
Worldwide Shipping at Buyer’s Expense
*The customs requirements for each country, including all import duties, taxes, and fees are the responsibility of the buyer. All international packages will have the required customs declaration and value of order.
9.5% sales tax will be added.
If you spend over $1500 on numismatic and bullion items in California, they are tax-free!
Your continuing satisfaction is very important to us. We offer a 14 day money back return policy. If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, please notify us so that we can begin the returns process. A restocking fee may apply to all transactions, and a 5% restocking fee will apply to any payment processed through PayPal.
As one of the largest Coin & Jewelry Companies on the west coast, and also one of the best gold buyers, Continental has been the destination for coins, jewelry, fine art and collectible buyers and sellers for over 45 years.
Whether you’re looking to buy items or interested in selling gold and silver for cash, sell coins, or a variety of other collectibles, we are here to help. All items for sale are available for viewing at our Southern California showroom.
We would like to thank all of our loyal customers for their continued support.
We also purchase items and estates. Please contact us with any questions.