Untitled Signed Lithograph by Marshall Goodman (Seven Drunk Men) 23x27" 1941
Untitled Signed Lithograph by Marshall Goodman (Three Men by Rail) 21x25" 1941
- MARSHALL GOODMAN (1916-2003)
- Unknown Title (Scene from Mexico with Men Drinking)
- Signed "M.G. 41"
- Image: 15 1/8 in. L x 20 3/8 in. W
- Frame: 23 1/8 in. L x 27 1/8 in. W
- Piece is in Decent Condition. Print Looks Good, but Frame Has Some Dings/Scuffs, Back Has Some Damage.
- Born in Springfield Massachusetts, Mr. Goodman graduated from Rhode Island School of Design in 1940. He went to Mexico to live after being awarded the Alumni Fellowship Prize from Rhode Island School of Design to study abroad. He worked with the Taller Grafico Workshop in Mexico. An artist workshop operated by Paul OâHiggins, Leopoldo Mendez, Zalce and Aguirre. He produced in less than a year a voluminous collection of roadside sketches, numerous watercolors, temperas and engravings and executed an impressive number of oils. In a broad sense Goodman fell in with what is known as the Mexican school. But his interpretations, unlike those of his outstanding Mexican contemporaries, are not burdened with somber or tragic elements. A sense of good cheer runs through most of his work. His themes are devoid of puerile indignation or facile preachments. The absence of outworn mystification, of affectation or mannerism indicates an imagination, which is deep yet honest and simple. His colors are strongly contrasted in their deep chiaroscuro, through blended with mastery. His compositions are unified, harmonious strikingly beautiful lithographs clearly indicate that he feels and expresses himself as fully in black and white as in the whole range of color. (from RoGallery)
Free US Shipping with Insurance Included.
All items are professionally packaged and shipped. All shipments include insurance and delivery confirmation or signature confirmation.
Local Pick-up is available in our showroom. (Contact us for payment methods to pay on pickup.)
Worldwide Shipping at Buyerâs Expense
*The customs requirements for each country, including all import duties, taxes, and fees are the responsibility of the buyer. All international packages will have the required customs declaration and value of order.
9% sales tax will be added.
Returns Policy:Your continuing satisfaction is very important to us. We offer a 14 day money back return policy. If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, please notify us so that we can begin the returns process. All items must be returned in the same condition that it was received. Please note that the buyer is responsible for return shipping and a 15% restocking fee may apply. If the item is returned, buyer may be responsible for initial shipping costs.
As one of the largest Coin & Jewelry Companies on the west coast, and also one of the best gold buyers, Continental has been the destination for coins, jewelry, fine art and collectible buyers and sellers for over 45 years.
Whether youâre looking to buy items or interested in selling gold and silver for cash, sell coins, or a variety of other collectibles, we are here to help. All items for sale are available for viewing at our Southern California showroom. We would like to thank all of our loyal customers for their continued support.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please click "Ask a question" below, and we will respond as soon as possible. Thank you.
Continental Coin and Jewelry Company Web Department:
Reference Item #A09230005L