"Story of King David" by Reuven Rubin Poster from 12-Piece Suite 20 x 29 w/ CoA
"Story of King David" by Reuven Rubin Poster from 12-Piece Suite 20" x 29" w/ CoA
- Beautiful, Impressionistic Rendition of King David Playing the Lyre by Renowned Israeli Artist Reuven Rubin.
- Comes from a Suite of 12 Pieces Commemorating the Stories of King David
- Rubin Zelicovici (later Reuven Rubin) (Hebrew: ×¨×××× ×¨××××â; November 13, 1893 - October 13, 1974) was a Romanian-born Israeli painter and Israel's first ambassador to Romania. He was born in GalaÅ£i to a poor Romanian Jewish Hasidic family. He was the eighth of 13 children. In 1912, he left for Ottoman-ruled Palestine to study art at Bezalel Academy of Art and Design inJerusalem. Finding himself at odds with the artistic views of the Academy's teachers, he left for Paris, France, in 1913 to pursue his studies at the Ãcole Nationale SupÃ©rieure des Beaux-Arts. At the outbreak of World War I, he was returned to Romania, where he spent the war years.
- His biography, published in 1969, is titled My Life - My Art. He died in Tel Aviv in October 1974, after having bequeathed his home on 14 Bialik Street and a core collection of his paintings to the city of Tel Aviv. The Rubin Museum opened in 1983. The director and curator of the museum is his daughter-in-law, Carmela Rubin. Rubin's paintings are now increasingly sought after. At a Sotheby's auction in New York in 2007, his work accounted for six of the ten top lots. (from Wikipedia)
- Dimensions: 20" x 29"
- This piece is certified authentic by an IFAA-licensed appraiser with over 30 years of experience. Certificate of Authenticity is included.
- This item is unframed and will be shipped in a mailing tube. For framing options, please contact us.
Free US Shipping with Insurance Included.
All items are professionally packaged and shipped. All shipments include insurance and delivery confirmation or signature confirmation.
Local Pick-up is available in our showroom. (Contact us for payment methods to pay on pickup.)
Worldwide Shipping at Buyerâs Expense
*The customs requirements for each country, including all import duties, taxes, and fees are the responsibility of the buyer. All international packages will have the required customs declaration and value of order.
9% sales tax will be added.
Returns Policy:Your continuing satisfaction is very important to us. We offer a 14 day money back return policy. If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, please notify us so that we can begin the returns process. All items must be returned in the same condition that it was received. Please note that the buyer is responsible for return shipping and a 15% restocking fee may apply. If the item is returned, buyer may be responsible for initial shipping costs.
As one of the largest Coin & Jewelry Companies on the west coast, and also one of the best gold buyers, Continental has been the destination for coins, jewelry, fine art and collectible buyers and sellers for over 45 years.
Whether youâre looking to buy items or interested in selling gold and silver for cash, sell coins, or a variety of other collectibles, we are here to help. All items for sale are available for viewing at our Southern California showroom. We would like to thank all of our loyal customers for their continued support.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please click "Ask a question" below, and we will respond as soon as possible. Thank you.
Continental Coin and Jewelry Company Web Department:
Reference Item #SF-1070 & SF-1365