381-369 BC Macedonian Kingdom AE16 Coin Amyntas III Eagle Eating Serpent S-1453a
- 381-369 BC Macedonian Kingdom AE16 Coin
- Issued under the rule of Amyntas III, King of Macedonia (393-370 BC)
- Amyntas III was a paternal grandfather of Alexander the Great and is historically considered to be the founder of the unified Macedonian state
- Obverse features a young bust Heracles wearing a lion's skin, facing right
- Heracles (Hercules) was the greatest of the Greek heroes, a paragon of masculinity, the ancestor of royal clans who claimed to be Heracleidae and a champion of the Olympian order against chthonic monsters
- Reverse depicts an eagle, standing right, holding and devouring a snake
- Struck from bronze
- Diameter: 16 mm
- Weight: 3.2 grams
- Condition: Ungraded
- Catalog number: BMC#17, Cop#518.4.17, Lingren#1265, Sear#1453a
Reference Item # ANC-1292JBC 3/11/15
We accept check, wire transfer, cash on pickup, and payment processing through PayPal. We offer discounts for customers who can pay by wire, check, or cash. Please contact us for options and offers.
Purchases using PayPal are subject to a nonrefundable 5% restocking fee in the event of a return.
Pay on Pickup
All items in our store are available for viewing and purchase in our Southern California showroom, located at:
Free US Shipping with Insurance Included.
All items are professionally packaged and shipped. All shipments include insurance and signature confirmation for shipments over $100. We offer expedited shipping via USPS and FedEx for an additional fee.
Worldwide Shipping at Buyer’s Expense
*The customs requirements for each country, including all import duties, taxes, and fees are the responsibility of the buyer. All international packages will have the required customs declaration and value of order.
9.5% sales tax will be added.
If you spend over $1500 on numismatic and bullion items in California, they are tax-free!
Your continuing satisfaction is very important to us. We offer a 14 day money back return policy. If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, please notify us so that we can begin the returns process. A restocking fee may apply to all transactions, and a 5% restocking fee will apply to any payment processed through PayPal.
As one of the largest Coin & Jewelry Companies on the west coast, and also one of the best gold buyers, Continental has been the destination for coins, jewelry, fine art and collectible buyers and sellers for over 45 years.
Whether you’re looking to buy items or interested in selling gold and silver for cash, sell coins, or a variety of other collectibles, we are here to help. All items for sale are available for viewing at our Southern California showroom.
We would like to thank all of our loyal customers for their continued support.
We also purchase items and estates. Please contact us with any questions.