309-337 AD Roman Imperial AE3 Coin XF+ Constantine I The Great S-3874 RIC-174
- 309-337 AD Roman Imperial AE3 coin
- Issued under the rule of Constantine I, the 57th Emperor of the Roman Empire (306-377 AD)
- He was also known as Constantine the Great and Saint Constantine
- As emperor, Constantine enacted many administrative, financial, social, and military reforms to strengthen the empire; the government was restructured and civil and military authority separated
- The first Roman emperor to claim conversion to Christianity, Constantine played an influential role in the proclamation of the Edict of Milan, which decreed tolerance for Christianity in the empire; he also called the First Council of Nicaea in 325, at which the Nicene Creed was professed by Christians
- Obverse features a bust of the emperor, facing right
- Reverse depicts the text "VOT XXX" within a wreath, with the legend "D N CONSTANTINI MAX AVG" and "RP" in exerge
- Struck from copper or bronze
- Diameter: 19 mm (at widest point)
- Weight: 3.0 grams
- Condition: Ungraded; expected to grade as Extra Fine or better (XF+)
- Catalog number: Sear#3874(var, old), RIC#174(var), Cohen#132(var)
Reference Item # ANC-1264JBC 12/10/14
We accept check, wire transfer, cash on pickup, and payment processing through PayPal. We offer discounts for customers who can pay by wire, check, or cash. Please contact us for options and offers.
Purchases using PayPal are subject to a nonrefundable 5% restocking fee in the event of a return.
Pay on Pickup
All items in our store are available for viewing and purchase in our Southern California showroom, located at:
Free US Shipping with Insurance Included.
All items are professionally packaged and shipped. All shipments include insurance and signature confirmation for shipments over $100. We offer expedited shipping via USPS and FedEx for an additional fee.
Worldwide Shipping at Buyer’s Expense
*The customs requirements for each country, including all import duties, taxes, and fees are the responsibility of the buyer. All international packages will have the required customs declaration and value of order.
9.5% sales tax will be added.
If you spend over $1500 on numismatic and bullion items in California, they are tax-free!
Your continuing satisfaction is very important to us. We offer a 14 day money back return policy. If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, please notify us so that we can begin the returns process. A restocking fee may apply to all transactions, and a 5% restocking fee will apply to any payment processed through PayPal.
As one of the largest Coin & Jewelry Companies on the west coast, and also one of the best gold buyers, Continental has been the destination for coins, jewelry, fine art and collectible buyers and sellers for over 45 years.
Whether you’re looking to buy items or interested in selling gold and silver for cash, sell coins, or a variety of other collectibles, we are here to help. All items for sale are available for viewing at our Southern California showroom.
We would like to thank all of our loyal customers for their continued support.
We also purchase items and estates. Please contact us with any questions.