284-285 AD Roman Egypt Billon Tetradrachm Coin VF Diocletian Elpis Hope D-5669
Brand DMND Limited
284-305 AD Roman Egypt Billon Tetradrachm Coin VF Diocletian Elpis Hope D-5669
- 284-285 AD Roman Egypt billon tetradrachm coin
- Issued under the rule of Diocletian, the 51st Emperor of the Roman Empire (284-305 AD)
- Obverse features a bust of the emperor, facing right
- Reverse shows Elpis (Hope) holding flower and lifting skirt, advancing left (LA = year 1)
- Elpis (Hope) was the last thing to exit from Pandora's box
- Struck from billon (copper or bronze, with a small quantity of silver)
- Diameter: 19 mm (at widest point)
- Weight: 8.5 grams
- Condition: Ungraded; expected to grade as Very Fine (VF)
- Catalog number: Dattari-5669
*Expected grades are approximate.
Free US Shipping with Insurance Included:
All items are professionally packaged and shipped. All shipments include insurance and delivery confirmation or signature confirmation. Local Pick-up is available in our showroom. (Contact us for payment methods to pay on pickup.)
Worldwide shipping at buyer's expense. *The customs requirements for each country, including all import duties, taxes, and fees are the responsibility of the buyer. All international packages will have the required customs declaration and value of order.
9% sales tax will be added. If you spend the equivalent of $1,500.00 or more on coins or bullion, those items are tax-free!
Your continuing satisfaction is very important to us. We offer a 30 day money back return policy. If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, please notify us so that we can begin the returns process. Please note that the buyer is responsible for return shipping and a 20% restocking fee.
As one of the largest Coin & Jewelry Companies on the west coast, and also one of the best gold buyers, Continental has been the destination for coins, jewelry, fine art and collectible buyers and sellers for over 45 years.
Whether youâre looking to buy items or interested in selling gold and silver for cash, sell coins, or a variety of other collectibles, we are here to help. All items for sale are available for viewing at our Southern California showroom. We would like to thank all of our loyal customers for their continued support.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please click "Ask a question" below, and we will respond as soon as possible. Thank you.
Continental Coin and Jewelry Company Web Department:
Monday â Friday, from 10:30am â 6:00pm PST
Reference Item # ANC-1225