218-219 AD Roman Imperial AR Denarius Silver Coin XF Elagabalus Mars S-7526
- 218-219 AD Roman Imperial silver denarius
- Issued under the rule of Elagabalus (Heliobalus), the 25th Emperor of the Roman Empire (218-222 AD)
- A member of the Severan Dynasty, he was Syrian, the second son of Julia Soaemias and Sextus Varius Marcellus; in his early youth he served as a priest of the god Elagabal in the hometown of his mother's family, Emesa (Homs, Syria)
- Obverse features a bust of the emperor, facing right
- Reverse depicts Mars holding spear and trophy, advancing right, with the legend "MARS VICTOR"
- In ancient Roman religion and myth, Mars was the god of war and also an agricultural guardian, a combination characteristic of early Rome
- He was second in importance only to Jupiter and Neptune and was the most prominent of the military gods in the religion of the Roman army
- Minted in Rome
- Struck from silver
- Diameter: 18 mm (at widest point)
- Weight: 3.3 grams
- Condition: Ungraded; expected to grade as Extra Fine (XF)
- Catalog number: Sear#7526, BMC#22, RIC#123, RSC#1136
Reference Item # ANC-1251JBC 11/6/14
We accept check, wire transfer, cash on pickup, and payment processing through PayPal. We offer discounts for customers who can pay by wire, check, or cash. Please contact us for options and offers.
Purchases using PayPal are subject to a nonrefundable 5% restocking fee in the event of a return.
Pay on Pickup
All items in our store are available for viewing and purchase in our Southern California showroom, located at:
Free US Shipping with Insurance Included.
All items are professionally packaged and shipped. All shipments include insurance and signature confirmation for shipments over $100. We offer expedited shipping via USPS and FedEx for an additional fee.
Worldwide Shipping at Buyer’s Expense
*The customs requirements for each country, including all import duties, taxes, and fees are the responsibility of the buyer. All international packages will have the required customs declaration and value of order.
9.5% sales tax will be added.
If you spend over $1500 on numismatic and bullion items in California, they are tax-free!
Your continuing satisfaction is very important to us. We offer a 14 day money back return policy. If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, please notify us so that we can begin the returns process. A restocking fee may apply to all transactions, and a 5% restocking fee will apply to any payment processed through PayPal.
As one of the largest Coin & Jewelry Companies on the west coast, and also one of the best gold buyers, Continental has been the destination for coins, jewelry, fine art and collectible buyers and sellers for over 45 years.
Whether you’re looking to buy items or interested in selling gold and silver for cash, sell coins, or a variety of other collectibles, we are here to help. All items for sale are available for viewing at our Southern California showroom.
We would like to thank all of our loyal customers for their continued support.
We also purchase items and estates. Please contact us with any questions.