1628-1658 Mughal Silver Rupee aXF India Shah Jahan (1037-1067 AH) Type 235
- 1628-1658 AD Mughal Empire Silver Rupee coin
- In the early 16th century, northern India, being then under mainly Muslim rulers, fell to the superior mobility and firepower of the Mughals; the resulting Mughal Empire did not stamp out the local societies it came to rule, but rather balanced and pacified them through new administrative practices and diverse and inclusive ruling elites, leading to more systematic, centralized, and uniform rule
- Eschewing tribal bonds and Islamic identity, the Mughals united their far-flung realms through loyalty, expressed through a Persianised culture, to an emperor who had near-divine status
Issued under the rule of Shahabuddin Muhammad Shah Jahan, the 5th Mughal Emperor of India (1628-1658, 1037-1067 AH)
- Shah Jahan was considered one of the greatest Mughals; his rule has been called the Golden Age and one of the most prosperous ages of Indian civilization
- Type 235
- Struck from silver
- Diameter: 21 mm
- Weight: 11.5 grams
- Condition: Ungraded; expected to grade as About Extra Fine (aXF)
Reference Item # FCC-2156JBC 2/4/15
We accept check, wire transfer, cash on pickup, and payment processing through PayPal. We offer discounts for customers who can pay by wire, check, or cash. Please contact us for options and offers.
Purchases using PayPal are subject to a nonrefundable 5% restocking fee in the event of a return.
Pay on Pickup
All items in our store are available for viewing and purchase in our Southern California showroom, located at:
Free US Shipping with Insurance Included.
All items are professionally packaged and shipped. All shipments include insurance and signature confirmation for shipments over $100. We offer expedited shipping via USPS and FedEx for an additional fee.
Worldwide Shipping at Buyer’s Expense
*The customs requirements for each country, including all import duties, taxes, and fees are the responsibility of the buyer. All international packages will have the required customs declaration and value of order.
9.5% sales tax will be added.
If you spend over $1500 on numismatic and bullion items in California, they are tax-free!
Your continuing satisfaction is very important to us. We offer a 14 day money back return policy. If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, please notify us so that we can begin the returns process. A restocking fee may apply to all transactions, and a 5% restocking fee will apply to any payment processed through PayPal.
As one of the largest Coin & Jewelry Companies on the west coast, and also one of the best gold buyers, Continental has been the destination for coins, jewelry, fine art and collectible buyers and sellers for over 45 years.
Whether you’re looking to buy items or interested in selling gold and silver for cash, sell coins, or a variety of other collectibles, we are here to help. All items for sale are available for viewing at our Southern California showroom.
We would like to thank all of our loyal customers for their continued support.
We also purchase items and estates. Please contact us with any questions.