150 BC Roman Republic AR Denarius Decimius Flavus Roma Luna Biga S-86 RRC-207/1
- 150 BC Roman Republic AR Denarius coin
Issued by the moneyer Decimius Flavus C.n.
- A moneyer is someone who physically creates money; moneyers have a long tradition, dating back at least to ancient Greece; they became most prominent in the Roman Republic, continuing into the empire
- Obverse features a helmeted bust of Roma, facing right, with "X" behind head
- In ancient Roman religion, Roma was a female deity who personified the city of Rome and more broadly, the Roman state
- Reverse depicts Luna in a biga holding whip, charging right, with "FLAVS" below
- Luna is the divine embodiment of the Moon; she is often presented as the female complement of the Sun (Sol) conceived of as a god
- Luna is also sometimes represented as an aspect of the Roman triple goddess (diva triformis), along with Proserpina and Hecate
- Struck from silver
- Diameter: 17 mm (at widest point)
- Weight: 3.5 grams
- Catalog number: Sear#86, RRC#207/1, CRR#391, RSC#Decima-1
Reference Item # ANC-1273JBC 12/12/14
We accept check, wire transfer, cash on pickup, and payment processing through PayPal. We offer discounts for customers who can pay by wire, check, or cash. Please contact us for options and offers.
Purchases using PayPal are subject to a nonrefundable 5% restocking fee in the event of a return.
Pay on Pickup
All items in our store are available for viewing and purchase in our Southern California showroom, located at:
Free US Shipping with Insurance Included.
All items are professionally packaged and shipped. All shipments include insurance and signature confirmation for shipments over $100. We offer expedited shipping via USPS and FedEx for an additional fee.
Worldwide Shipping at Buyer’s Expense
*The customs requirements for each country, including all import duties, taxes, and fees are the responsibility of the buyer. All international packages will have the required customs declaration and value of order.
9.5% sales tax will be added.
If you spend over $1500 on numismatic and bullion items in California, they are tax-free!
Your continuing satisfaction is very important to us. We offer a 14 day money back return policy. If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, please notify us so that we can begin the returns process. A restocking fee may apply to all transactions, and a 5% restocking fee will apply to any payment processed through PayPal.
As one of the largest Coin & Jewelry Companies on the west coast, and also one of the best gold buyers, Continental has been the destination for coins, jewelry, fine art and collectible buyers and sellers for over 45 years.
Whether you’re looking to buy items or interested in selling gold and silver for cash, sell coins, or a variety of other collectibles, we are here to help. All items for sale are available for viewing at our Southern California showroom.
We would like to thank all of our loyal customers for their continued support.
We also purchase items and estates. Please contact us with any questions.