111-112 AD Roman Egypt Billon Tetradrachm CH-VF NGC Trajan Agathodaemon Serpent
- 111-112 AD Roman Egypt Billon Tetradrachm coin
- Issued under the rule of Trajan, the 13th Emperor of the Roman Empire (98-117 AD)
- Officially declared by the Senate as optimus princeps ("the best ruler"), Trajan is remembered as a successful soldier-emperor who presided over the greatest military expansion in Roman history, leading the empire to attain its maximum territorial extent by the time of his death
- He is also known for his philanthropic rule, overseeing extensive public building programs and implementing social welfare policies, which earned him his enduring reputation as the second of the Five Good Emperors who presided over an era of peace and prosperity in the Mediterranean world
- Obverse features a bust of the emperor, facing right
- Reverse depicts a serpent agathodaemon holding a caduceus, facing right
- In ancient Greek religion, Agathos Daimon or Agathodaemon (Greek: á¼Î³Î±Î¸á½¸Ï Î´Î±Î¯Î¼ÏÎ½, "noble spirit") was a daemon or presiding spirit of the vineyards and grain fields and a personal companion spirit, similar to the Roman genius, ensuring good luck, health, and wisdom
- Minted in Alexandria, Egypt
- Struck from billon (copper or bronze, with a small quantity of silver)
- Diameter: 24 mm (at widest point)
- Weight: 12.93 grams
- Slabbed by NGC with the title "EGYPT, ALEXANDRIA // Trajan, AD 98-117 // Bl Tetradrachm (12.93g) // rv agathodaimon-serpent // yr.15 (AD 111/2)"
- Condition: Graded as Choice Very Fine (CH-VF) by NGC
- NGC comments: Strike 5/5, Surface 5/5
- NGC certification number: 3895198-002
Reference Item # ANC-1204
We accept check, wire transfer, cash on pickup, and payment processing through PayPal. We offer discounts for customers who can pay by wire, check, or cash. Please contact us for options and offers.
Purchases using PayPal are subject to a nonrefundable 5% restocking fee in the event of a return.
Pay on Pickup
All items in our store are available for viewing and purchase in our Southern California showroom, located at:
Free US Shipping with Insurance Included.
All items are professionally packaged and shipped. All shipments include insurance and signature confirmation for shipments over $100. We offer expedited shipping via USPS and FedEx for an additional fee.
Worldwide Shipping at Buyer’s Expense
*The customs requirements for each country, including all import duties, taxes, and fees are the responsibility of the buyer. All international packages will have the required customs declaration and value of order.
9.5% sales tax will be added.
If you spend over $1500 on numismatic and bullion items in California, they are tax-free!
Your continuing satisfaction is very important to us. We offer a 14 day money back return policy. If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, please notify us so that we can begin the returns process. A restocking fee may apply to all transactions, and a 5% restocking fee will apply to any payment processed through PayPal.
As one of the largest Coin & Jewelry Companies on the west coast, and also one of the best gold buyers, Continental has been the destination for coins, jewelry, fine art and collectible buyers and sellers for over 45 years.
Whether you’re looking to buy items or interested in selling gold and silver for cash, sell coins, or a variety of other collectibles, we are here to help. All items for sale are available for viewing at our Southern California showroom.
We would like to thank all of our loyal customers for their continued support.
We also purchase items and estates. Please contact us with any questions.